News Update: Jackson and Wilson's Web Site is Approved by Independent VeriSign!
Why is this important? Because VeriSign brings trust to the Internet. In fact, 97 of the world’s 100 largest SSL-using banks, over 93% of Fortune 500 companies, and 81% of the 500 biggest e-commerce sites in North America are independently qualified as VeriSign approved sites.
The fact of the matter is that not every website meets VeriSign requirements. We’re proud to have made the cut! Here’s a bit more about VeriSign and why we feel our web site visitors should feel extremely comfortable interacting with us online…
VeriSign is the Web’s #1 security provider
- VeriSign secures more than one million Web servers worldwide, more than any other Certificate Authority.
- 97 of the world’s 100 largest SSL-using banks, over 93% of Fortune 500 companies, and 81% of the 500 biggest e-commerce sites in North America use SSL Certificates sold by VeriSign*.
- VeriSign helped lead the development of Extended Validation and has issued more EV SSL Certificates than any other Certificate Authority. VeriSign SSL EV customers have measured an average increase of 17.8% (based on 32 case studies) in completed transactions.
- VeriSign is the leading SSL provider of SGC-enabled SSL Certificates, enabling 128- or 256-bit encryption for over 99.9% of Internet users.
- The VeriSign seal is the most recognized trust mark on the Internet.
- The VeriSign seal is viewed up to 250 million times a day on more than 90,000 websites in 160 countries and in search results on enabled browsers as well as partner shopping sites and product review pages.
- 86% of online consumers recognize the VeriSign seal when shopping or transacting online, and 11% said they would not purchase on sites not displaying the VeriSign seal (VeriSign Brand Tracking Research, 2009).
- When Web site visitors see the VeriSign seal, they are less likely to abandon a transaction online. Customer case studies show a 10-34% increase in online transactions when a VeriSign seal is displayed.
VeriSign sets the standard for online security and trust
- VeriSign’s robust PKI infrastructure includes military-grade data centers and disaster recovery sites for unsurpassed customer data protection, availability, and peace of mind.
- VeriSign’s rigorous authentication practices audited annually by KPMG, lead the industry in reputation qualification measures to establish an online business’ credibility.
- VeriSign operates the global Internet infrastructure behind every .com and .net address. At peak loads, VeriSign® Domain Name System (DNS) resolves up to 50 billion queries per day.
- VeriSign continuously invests in research and infrastructure to keep our practice standard among the highest in the industry, to stay well ahead of evolving security risks, and to develop products that our customers desire and consumers demand.
The bottom line is that when you use our website, you’re protected!